Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help With 15x12 Setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Help With 15x12 Setup

Hey guys...looking for a little help before I go ahead and order a rear lol.

Some of you may have seen in my build thread that I have a set of 15x12 Weld Prostars with brand new Hoosier 29x12s

I am running the Wolfe mini tubs.

Here is a mock-up picture of the wheels and tires just setup where I wanted them...

__________________________________________________ __

Clearance seems like its certainly going to be tight lol.
I know that I am going to have to roll the fender lip to sit the car like that.

The wheels have a 7.5" back space.
I know I am going to need offset LCA...

So....with the given information...If I were to order my rear end narrowed 2" per side, would these fit close to the way I have pictured?

It seems like the panhard bar bracket will need to get moved in to clear? Is this correct?

Anything I am not thinking of to bury these wheels in there? lol

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two inch's per side should do it as long as all your math works out. You can double check by placing the wheels where you want them and measuring the distance between mounting flanges and ordering it that way.

My stock rear was 64.75" wide. If you narrow your rear 2" per side you should be around 60.75"

I have also heard from people on this site that you can go up to 3" narrower per side without having bracket clearance issues.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

your lca brackets will need to be narrowed and the phb mount will need to be moved in as well, which means a custom length phb. I have done a few cars with 12" wheels and there is more to it than meets the eye. get your wheels where you like them and measure to the backside where the axles meet the wheel and we can get you the right housing from there.

Quick Reply: Help With 15x12 Setup