Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

looking for 3 channel abs sensor for strange 12bolt

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for 3 channel abs sensor for strange 12bolt

I called up strange today looking for a replacement sensor for my abs. The guy said he would call me right back which he did, only to tell me I'm out of luck they don't sell it and he doesnt know where I can get one. Wtf ! I asked him how I am suppose to have abs now and he tells me "well that's a pretty good question you have there."

Great customer service

Anybody know where I can get a new one. I found a part # h1106s that shows it on summitracings web site but when you click it just goes to an error screen.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Weird, I ordered one last year. Been meaning to install it in mt TA. I'll look for it tomorrow, STrange didn't make the sensor, another company made it for them
Old 02-06-2012, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't know the Strange 12 bolt required a different sensor than a stock 10 bolt 3 channel rear. Can anyone give an update on the availability of this sensor? Strange still sells 3 channel rearends.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Default just to wake up the thread

I bought a brand new Strange 12 bolt axle with 3 channel sensor a few months back. The sensor died in a few weeks, & my messages to Strange asking about this got no answer (except: "you'll have to buy another sensor). So my ABS is down & has been for months...

So I would also like to know what this sensor is. It looks like a totally ordinary position sensor as used on machinery etc, and it's threaded/adjustable for position & gap.

I haven't time to pull it off & measure so I'm hoping someone else has.

I have to say, Strange's customer service appears to be cr*p. I bought a $3000 or so axle, paid up front, AND shipped it halfway round the world, and they can't even be bothered to answer a mail half the time. No p/n for the sensor, no information on how to measure it...

kr D.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any updates on this? Hard to believe noone else has anything to say. What about sponsors that sell Strange?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent an email to Strange Engineering minutes ago about this. By this time tomorrow We should know whats going on.

Thanks for the heads up on this,
Carl
Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Couple of things.....why aren't they using stock ten bolt sensors for their housings??... and 2. I called them the other day to ask them two brief questions and they were helpful.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:43 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the 3ch GM sensors... give me a call.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 6spd97ta
I called up strange today looking for a replacement sensor for my abs. The guy said he would call me right back which he did, only to tell me I'm out of luck they don't sell it and he doesnt know where I can get one. Wtf ! I asked him how I am suppose to have abs now and he tells me "well that's a pretty good question you have there."

Great customer service

Anybody know where I can get a new one. I found a part # h1106s that shows it on summitracings web site but when you click it just goes to an error screen.
That is the correct part #. Strange has them in stock and so does MidWest Chassis. The price from Strange is $66.00.
If anyone wants the information here is the installation instructions.

1. Run the sensor into the threaded hole of the sensor plug located at the top of the rear end housing. There has to be a 0.009-0.011” gap between the top of the reluctor ring teeth on the gear carrier and the tip of the sensor.

2. Slip the o-ring over the sensor and position it in the groove of the sensor plug.

3. Install the lock nut and torque it to approximately 80-100 inch pounds. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER-TORQUE THE NUT AND DAMAGE THE SENSOR!!

If You or others have additional questions or concerns I can be reached 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

Carl
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Carl and SSvert99. Thanks for the information!!

Also found another part number after alot of searching:

70085-8080-001 (Passive Speed Sensor; Full Thread; High Sensitivity)

There doesn't appear to be any money to be saved by trying to eliminate a middle man. lol
Old 02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Oh wow I thought this thread died. I actually took the time to drive there since I'm only an hour away. Guy at the counter saw my broken one went in the back and had a new on for me in 5 minutes. Same price as stated above plus tax for me. But no response in why the person on the phone was a complete yahoo...

P.s. thanks Carl for going out of your way to look around for me. Hopefully it will help out the other people in the thread.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 6spd97ta
Oh wow I thought this thread died. I actually took the time to drive there since I'm only an hour away. Guy at the counter saw my broken one went in the back and had a new on for me in 5 minutes. Same price as stated above plus tax for me. But no response in why the person on the phone was a complete yahoo...

P.s. thanks Carl for going out of your way to look around for me. Hopefully it will help out the other people in the thread.
My pleasure, if I can ever be of assistance again just let Me know

Carl

Quick Reply: looking for 3 channel abs sensor for strange 12bolt