Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

12 bolt vs. 10 bolt weight?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
But, you are talking about a 1-option torque arm setup that they have to purchase along WITH the rear end... ie, they are paying for it, and if they already had an existing one they wouldn't need to buy another one with other rear end options...

I don't like being locked to a single solution... even though yours is integrated and quite nice, it is still more costly than if someone went with a S60 and already had any number of torque arms that work with it already... Hell, I have a S&W Racecars torque arm setup on the S60 in my T/A...
We do not deny that at all, I was just stating the truth that not all torque arms have the issue you stated and that is why we build our housing the way we do so we can avoid those issues.

Not to mention yes some do have a torque arm already but most have realized that they could sell off their used torque arm set up for $200 and still be in the same price range as an S-60 or Moser stamped nine inch and take advantage of the torque arm design we have.

Also you are not really being locked down to a single solution, you purchase our set up there is no were else to go. Don't get me wrong though the S-60 is a great choice and that is why we sell those as well and offer a discount on the MWC torque arm to go with it.

Quick Reply: 12 bolt vs. 10 bolt weight?