Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 using 10 bolt axle tubes with 31 spline carrier question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.8 using 10 bolt axle tubes with 31 spline carrier question.

Who has built: or who knows what, or if there is a axle avalibale for an 8.8 build that has a 31 spline carrier? Going to have my GM 10 bolt tubes turned down to fit inside 8.8 axle tubes, but just remebered that my 10 bolt axles are 28 spline. I can't find any axle options that are 31 splines for the 10 bolt to use in the build. From what I gather, my only option would be to buy some 28 spline spider gears out of another 8.8... Please correct me if I am wrong...
Old 10-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicken Coupe
Who has built: or who knows what, or if there is a axle avalibale for an 8.8 build that has a 31 spline carrier? Going to have my GM 10 bolt tubes turned down to fit inside 8.8 axle tubes, but just remebered that my 10 bolt axles are 28 spline. I can't find any axle options that are 31 splines for the 10 bolt to use in the build. From what I gather, my only option would be to buy some 28 spline spider gears out of another 8.8... Please correct me if I am wrong...
Contact Moser Engineering they will hook you up with the stock length axles for our fbody's but with 31 spline they already know the deal and will have them done within a week well that's what happened with my order good luck on that build. I completed mine 8 months ago and it's taking it like a champ... 4000 rpm clutch dumps with a torque arm.

Quick Reply: 8.8 using 10 bolt axle tubes with 31 spline carrier question.