Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

asking this question for the 101st time.... axle lengths

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default asking this question for the 101st time.... axle lengths

ive searched for awhile now through all the ten bolt threads and axle length threads etc. cant figure it out

the 4th gen rear is how much longer than a 3rd gen?

overall length and on each side pretty sure its 2 inches shorter on each side but dont want to find out the hard way after buying parts.

and...

what about mustang 8.8 axles? stock mustang length is 2 inchs shorter on each side than 4th gens? basically the same length as a 3rd gen rear correct?

im building a 8.8 and mini tubbing the car. so should i just use the mustang rear and brakes and weld brackets on, or use the 3rd gen tubes and weld them on a mustang/ranger 8.8 center?

id like to lose 2 inchs off each side with the mini tub and use stock suspension and a 15x10 with 5.5 back space

reason for the mustang and third gen question is i can either buy a 3rd gen disc brake rear with 4.10s already in it so ill put that gear and posi in one of my non posi 4th gens and use the tubes for an 8.8 build and that would give me the 2 inch narrow on each side if i set it to the factory 3rd gen length?

or buy a 95 mustang 8.8 with 3.73's in it and just weld brackets from a v6 4th gen rear to it

any help would be awesome, and dont get all "search the threads its in there" because ive been searching, and im just looking for a straight answer thanks.