Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Funny problem. Torsen paddle/block will not come out

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny problem. Torsen paddle/block will not come out

Hey all. I recently acquired a 4.10 rear that has LS1 backing plates and I have to remove the axles/backing plates in order to use mine off of my LT1 car (since the rear is going into an LT1 car). I removed the paddle bolt that holds it in, then tried pulling out the paddle but it is getting caught up in the ring gear. I have heard that this could be a common problem for 4.10's with torsens, but for install, not removal lol. I do not know how the person who did the gears got that paddle in. There is no sign of damage/scuffing anywhere on the rung gear from possibly hammering in the paddle. I simply cannot get it out, it is so close but just not enough. Any ideas? My only logical option is to find some LS1 style calipers, rotors and pads and just use that stuff on my car. I really do not want to spend the money on that stuff, but if it is my only option I suppose I will do just that.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

You need to make sure the axles are pulled tight. The block needs a little bit of wiggle room to slide out. If the axles are bearing down on the sides of it, it will force it to try and come straight out, hitting the gear teeth.

Quick Reply: Funny problem. Torsen paddle/block will not come out