Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC 9" install questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default MWC 9" install questions.

Ok so I've pretty well got everything installed but I want to make sure I did it right. On the ends of the torque arm where the bolts go through as you all no that threads in and out. Is the reason they thread in and out just so you can align the bolt holes? I had to thread a few of mine out a decent little bit in order to get the holes lined up. Also what are the differences in which bolt hole you use on the crossmember. Mine is in the 2nd one down from the top now. Thanks
Old 12-04-2011, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The solid heim joints at the rearend side of the torque arm are for more of a coarse adjustment, but you obviously have to stay within the centerline measurement.

The adjustment holes in the pivot link are for helping with pinion angle setting and can aid in chassis bite.

Keep in mind that the bare minimum of thread engagement is the diameter of the threaded part.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I didn't turn them out maybe more than 4 full turns on either end. The one on the crossmember ended up being threaded out the farthest it seemed as if it wouldn't reach and have the piece with the holes sitting straight up. I'm a little confused about what you mean on this (Keep in mind that the bare minimum of thread engagement is the diameter of the threaded part). Thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Justin feel free to call me today and I will talk you through any questions you may have.

Quick Reply: MWC 9" install questions.