Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

C Clips question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C Clips question.

Well i got 10 ten bolt for free and the guy said all it needed was the c clips. I assembled everything today and it seems I am missing a piece that hold the axles in place. I have asked a buddy and he said it was called a "paddle or rod"???? So question is were can i find one and does somebody got a pic of it or something. Sorry I am a noob when it comes to rearends.

P.S. called a few junk yards and they have a 94-95 camaro and trans am. Well it work????? thanks mike.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From your post it's not clear if you have the c-clips for the axles. The c-clips fit in the grooves in the axles. A paddle (Torsen) or the differential cross shaft (Auburn) pushes the axles apart so the c-clips fit into the side gears. Since this is a spare rear end you can rob the needed parts from the rear in your car if it's the same type posi when you're ready to swap rears. You can buy the differential cross shaft for the Auburn at Summit Racing. I don't know where to get a paddle for the Torsen, but I'm sure somebody on here has a spare laying around.

Last edited by guppymech; 12-25-2011 at 02:13 AM.