Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

How many of you running a 9" also have your car lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You fellas are selling me on going the MWC route.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It will by far be the best decision you make! Do it once, do it right, and usually save money in the end vs all the other options with the same type of build.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Midwest Chassis is definitely the ultimate route to go, in my opinion. But I ended up getting a brand new Moser 9" with a home built center section watching deals and clearance sales, ended up paying about $2100 for it all. Plus I already have a UMI torque arm, so I didn't need one. That saved me quite a bit of money over the same optioned MWC rear I wanted.

Only cons to my rear end versus the MWC is the Moser 9" is heavier, and the torque arm mount just plain sucks in the event you need to remove the center section.

I ordered a Strange driveshaft through MWC, and have spoken to them many times. Extremely knowledgeable crew. I'd have no problem buying a rear through them, just at the time, I could not afford the almost $1200 extra I would have needed for the MWC.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Of all the research I did before I bought my Moser 9" I never read anything about having to clearance underneath the car. I'm lowered with Hotchkis/Koni's and the first test drive resulted in loud thuds and bangs. I had to clearance by the tq arm bracket.

Quick Reply: How many of you running a 9" also have your car lowered?