Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

10 Bolt Build Sheet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 Bolt Build Sheet?

So first off, rear is making unhappy noises, I have a spare 10bolt laying around for just such an occasion. However I was wondering if there was a build sheet somewhere for building up my 10bolt. I know 9in or 12bolt is preferred, but I dont not have 3k to hand over to MWC at the moment. My car is a 98 T/A Auto with a baby stall and mild trans work. Other wise car is untouched (stock air box still). This car will never be a quarter mile car and will not be over 500 horse for atleast the next two years.

So help my build my 10bolt budget is 1,000$. What posi unit? What gears? What installation kit? What else should i do to it? Links would be very helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the usual stuff Is just welding the axle tubes, get a thick rear cover, and use the stock torsen unit. Gears are sort of personal preference and you should be able to get the install kit when you get the gears. Good luck with it. Id try to save as much as possible with it though. You wont get it to hold that much more. At least you're and auto car
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have done several 10 bolts over the years... even ran one in my own car before the 9 inch setup was developed. I have whatever you need for the stock rearend and can point you in the right direction without going overkill. Give me a call and we can go over it.