Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

s60 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, thanks for the info. I'd probably get the 3 inchers and run open lug nuts on my TTMs.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys I ordered my s60 from Mwc Monday. Can't wait to get it installed and get some track time.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats clearance like with the s60? Can you run a set of stranos with it?

I've been going back and forth between a mwc fab 9 and s60 for forever now, but I just don't have the $$ for the mwc.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

hey guys im waiting to here back from carl at CRP on my s60 im about to order but i have a question. as far as the backing plates go, the car has abs\tc now but i am going to be deleting them. do i still need to send him my backing plates off my 10bolt?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

^^^ yea you have to still send them in, i have my abs/tcs deleted too. They need them in order to install the axles. Although if you plan on running your four channel ever again I would let Carl know, cause I went to put my wheel speed sensor back in (just to plug the holes) and the axle ends got in the way. Something to think about, hope it helps
Old 07-16-2012, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

^^^ ... another yes. The axles go through the brake backing plates, therefore, unless you plan on installing the axles yourself, you need to send them in or buy new ones through Strange. I purchased a set from my local Chevy dealership (they matched an internet price) and sent them in. This way I was able to keep my 4.10-10-bolt for a potential de-mod.

As far as not including the reluctor rings, I would have them installed anyway. It is a reasonably low cost option and it would give you or a future owner the ability to re-activate the TC/ABS. To install them later would mean removing the axles and having them pressed on by a shop, re-stalling and setting up the rear again. Having a 3-channel rear, installing an ABS reluctor ring on a spool is a different story all together. It was not worth the cost to go to a high dollar differential over a spool for me.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
^^^ ... another yes. The axles go through the brake backing plates, therefore, unless you plan on installing the axles yourself, you need to send them in or buy new ones through Strange. I purchased a set from my local Chevy dealership (they matched an internet price) and sent them in. This way I was able to keep my 4.10-10-bolt for a potential de-mod.

As far as not including the reluctor rings, I would have them installed anyway. It is a reasonably low cost option and it would give you or a future owner the ability to re-activate the TC/ABS. To install them later would mean removing the axles and having them pressed on by a shop, re-stalling and setting up the rear again. Having a 3-channel rear, installing an ABS reluctor ring on a spool is a different story all together. It was not worth the cost to go to a high dollar differential over a spool for me.
got everything all apart and ready to go out to carl at CRP. now i have a4 channel abs\tc i do believe. i was going todelete it all but for the $69 to have it set up its worth it. it would even be free if i took the reluctor rings offmy acles now. i wish i could run a spool since its a lot cheaper, but its mostly a street car so that wont work. also carl actually mentioned to speak with you about shocks\spring setup. what are you running on your car? im leaning towards single adjustable strange shocks up front andthe competition engineering adjustable shocks in rear since they are $90 for the pair and every review i have read people love them and have cut 1.3 60s with them etc. what i cant decide on is springs. currently i have the eiback pro kit that drops it 1.5" and its just to low. i also may want to do a 28" tall tire in the future so that wont work. i was looking at the 300lb springs for up front since i am full weight and hhave an iron block. but do they sit a stock height or lower it some? also what springs should i run in the rear?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mikh338
got everything all apart and ready to go out to carl at CRP. now i have a4 channel abs\tc i do believe. i was going todelete it all but for the $69 to have it set up its worth it. it would even be free if i took the reluctor rings offmy acles now. i wish i could run a spool since its a lot cheaper, but its mostly a street car so that wont work. also carl actually mentioned to speak with you about shocks\spring setup. what are you running on your car? im leaning towards single adjustable strange shocks up front andthe competition engineering adjustable shocks in rear since they are $90 for the pair and every review i have read people love them and have cut 1.3 60s with them etc. what i cant decide on is springs. currently i have the eiback pro kit that drops it 1.5" and its just to low. i also may want to do a 28" tall tire in the future so that wont work. i was looking at the 300lb springs for up front since i am full weight and hhave an iron block. but do they sit a stock height or lower it some? also what springs should i run in the rear?
Yea, if you are running a predominantly street car, I agree with your decision not to go with a spool.

I recently installed Strange DA coilovers in the rear ...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...2-step-ll.html

... I like them so far, but, the main reason I went with coilovers is the height adjustability. I can adjust for my 315 555's, 27" QTP's and 28" ET Drag's (soon) ... I am currently running a 27" rear height which seems perfect. So far I took a full second off my 60's with 1.6x's.

My front setup is not on yet. I just finished a plug and wire install and plan to change my fuel filter before diving into the front end. I want the motor running as good as possible before getting back to the track to make adjustments. I do have my Strange DA fronts (300# springs) and new strut mounts ready to go on (will be taking out the stock ones assembled) and will be removing my front sway bar to let them do their job. I will adjust them to a 26" front ride height and then it's back to the track. My goal is low 1.5 60's to get me into the 6's/10's.

As far as your choices go, first decide what your car's primary use is ... my car is primarily for the track. I will drive it to the office every now and then (a whole 5 miles), but it is my track toy. I have no plans to gut it though and am careful with the modifications so I am able to demod if necessary for a future "street car" sale. This site is also very informative at times … read what others are doing and their results and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Just got my S60 today from CRP, question, 2 grease fitting on the axle, for the axle bearings, how many pumps and how often?
Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TOYBOX
Just got my S60 today from CRP, question, 2 grease fitting on the axle, for the axle bearings, how many pumps and how often?
Carl can get you that answer or you can contact Strange Engineering directly. There have been a few posts here on the same subject. I have Strange's Pro Race axles and they don't include the fittings with those.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

^^^^ X2 I have pro race axles no grease fittings here.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

yes my s60 came with grease fitting on the axles as well but looks like they have been greased already. also i have a breather on the top of the rear end i believe. do i need to run a tube off this?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mikh338
yes my s60 came with grease fitting on the axles as well but looks like they have been greased already. also i have a breather on the top of the rear end i believe. do i need to run a tube off this?
Only if you plan on going mudding or driving thu creeks!! Lol
Old 08-03-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 370ci_NBM_SS
Only if you plan on going mudding or driving thu creeks!! Lol
lol gotcha

Quick Reply: s60 questions