Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Got my MWC FAB-9 now on order!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those that complain about the wait, only wish they had one....lol
I still haven't even gotten mine off the stands yet. What wait. Lol
Old 04-25-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not complaining just wanting one like everyone else, lol! So wait you got one on the stand just waiting to go in, WHAT? Sell it to me, lol! I know everyones request are different so thats what takes a while, I'm cool with it even though I dont have a choice in the matter!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Hell, I have enough other **** to do on my car...that will easily eat up the wait time!!! May actually be out there way for medical reasons when mine comes up to be done, then I will just pick it up and thank them in person for a quality piece. Chuck
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

To have a complete, custom made setup catered to your specific need, and excellent customer support is well worth the wait. This isnt a grab off the shelf, and mail to you differential and hope it works for your needs. It is a hand made, racer designed and test unit.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

How is the MWC Fab 9 any better than a Moser M9? Just because Moser gets it done in one week vs 3 months doesn't make it lesser quality. If anything, that is a bonus. Moser has to build their M9 also; it's not like they stamp it out already assembled. It's just the difference between a major company vs a small one. You would think a name as trusted and big as Moser that's been around as long as it has that can get it done faster and cheaper would be the obvious decision.

I'm debating on a new 9" right now and just don't understand the craze behind MWC. Everyone acts like the MWC fab9 is a Unicorn. I could understand if MWC has NEVER had a failure and the Moser M9's have multiple threads with damage but I haven't come across it yet. But I do know someone that twisted a non back-braced MWC like an icecube tray with only 600rwhp. I'm not trying to start anything but I would like to understand the reasoning behind it.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SStolen
How is the MWC Fab 9 any better than a Moser M9? Just because Moser gets it done in one week vs 3 months doesn't make it lesser quality. If anything, that is a bonus. Moser has to build their M9 also; it's not like they stamp it out already assembled. It's just the difference between a major company vs a small one. You would think a name as trusted and big as Moser that's been around as long as it has that can get it done faster and cheaper would be the obvious decision.

I'm debating on a new 9" right now and just don't understand the craze behind MWC. Everyone acts like the MWC fab9 is a Unicorn. I could understand if MWC has NEVER had a failure and the Moser M9's have multiple threads with damage but I haven't come across it yet. But I do know someone that twisted a non back-braced MWC like an icecube tray with only 600rwhp. I'm not trying to start anything but I would like to understand the reasoning behind it.
That's the main reason right there, moser is NOT cheaper than MWC, that's why I went with MWC, it was less expensive, and MWC offered a watts link.
Another reason MWC is appealing is that you don't have to come up with all the money up front, they allow you to make a deposit and once your rear end is finished, you pay the rest of the money.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

i used stainless steel braided brake line a place sells a kit for ls1
Old 04-27-2012, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I was told 12-14 weeks when i order mine the first week of december and it took 17weeks. So don't get your hopes up that it will be here in 8-10 weeks. I even order a k-member like a month after that and I still dont have that yet!

Yea they have a great product but I think they kinda fudge on the wait times. It seemed like there was always something holding my rear up for it to ship after the 14week period.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Moser rearends are a fine product, but put the two side by side and you will see the differences. The MWC rearend is the most true bolt-in 9" rear you can buy, and the best value. A complete package with all the necessary hardware included(and high quality fasteners like ARP housing studs), and lots of small features not even offered by the other manufacturers.

I have never heard of anyone twisting our housings, and with 600hp at that. I put well over 600hp on a stock axled 10 bolt in a 3750 pound car- no way our 9" will fail there.
The exact same components are in everyone's basic street car housings that are in cars like Ohio Boys Racing(Mike Brown-2011 LSX Shootout champ & Mark Koehler) low 7 sec, 2000+hp Drag radial cars; Brian Black(still on the original design light weight housing, 1500+ hp, 7.80s @ 3400 pounds and going much quicker this year); x275 racer Ray Litz(Koolrayz here) is also in the process of upgrading his new ride to all MWC rearend and suspension and will be a top competitor with his ERL/All Pro power. All these guys beat on these rearends and suspension components every pass and their axle tubing, housing sheetmetal, and welder are the exact same as the everyday rearend customer we cater to.

MWC is a smaller chassis shop- not a production line manufacturing facility. Low overhead, purchasing manufacturer direct, and ultra-high quality craftsmanship results in a great value for you the customer. MWC is a proud dealer of Strange Engineering, Moser Engineering, and Yukon Gear and Axle just to name a few. If you can't get over a bit of a wait time for the MWC product, I will be more than happy to get you into a nice S60 or Moser rearend, and at a great deal.

At the end of the day they are all great products and when you're ready to pull the trigger give me a call. I will get you the right parts at the best prices the first time, and have the street and track experience to help you get your power to the ground after it is in the car.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll always hope it gets shipped in 8-10 weeks; I just won't expect it.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We will soon be over tripiling our shop space in a new building, and in due time enable our production to speed up drastically. I am looking for a couple more skilled workers already to help the process. What will they be able to say when we start shipping within a week with the price and quality the same... we will soon see.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

SS Vert, I think my post may have come off as an attack on your product and that was not what I intended to do (I didn't even realize it until I read it back in your response- please blame the internet as the reader interprets the tone). Your product gets a CRAZY amount of positive feedback and attention along with some of the fastest cars to back up its quality so there is no need for you to even defend yourself. I would have deleted my comment but it is now pasted in your response so I will publically retract that I do not know anyone personally who has twisted your rear but heard from someone who knew someone who knew someone.... I only heard this when inquiring about your product from someone who happily owns your product and they were making a point of telling me to definitely have it backbraced at my power level. I have nothing against small shops and I'm glad to hear that you're expanding and looking for quality people to grow your business. That is the American dream, you found a niche, perfected it, and the results speak for themselves. I regret that you even had to step in and waste your time responding to my jackass comment. I'll be calling you soon to get a better understanding of my options and final pricing. Thanks.

Last edited by SStolen; 04-28-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Launching!

i was just there yesterday to drop my car off for a cage install and new subframe connectors, and some ones xmas is on a pallet. i personally went with MWC rear over a moser since its full of strange eng stuff vs moser. saw and heard of too many moser axels twisting. that and their customer service is second to none and that came into play when i killed my trutrak and they talked me through a locker install. plus all the looming suspension questions i have asked. plus yes they are a smaller shop so i know that my money is staying local.

and congrats on the rear purchase. you wont be disapointed
Old 04-28-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

You would think a name as trusted and big as Moser that's been around as long as it has that can get it done faster and cheaper would be the obvious decision.
The problem is the old saying of "quick, cheap, quality...pick 2" usually rings true.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the order mine should be getting built next week I'm so ready to install it my car is waiting on the jack stands.......
Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

How come I cant get MWC to answer my pm's and emails when I can clearly see that he is on every day making replies in threads. Makes no sence when someone wants to place an order but has a few questions. Havent figured it out yet. I clearly want a fab 9! Not trying to bitch but I need some advice on a few things before pulling the trigger.... I think they hate me and I haven't even spoke to them yet, lmao!!!!

Last edited by 94BlueZ28; 05-02-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Just got my MWC FAB-9 with billet posi, Yukon 3.89, Meziere side filler cap, and black powder coating ordered!
Now I feel like a kid waiting on x-mas!

Any tip & tricks that I should be aware of to make the install go smoother, once it all gets here in hopefully 8-10 wks?

I'll make sure to post a bunch of photo's, once I get it and when it's installed!
So Eric V., hows my order coming along...?

Thanks, Ronald Brown
Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

Mine took 4.5 weeks to be completed and the strange s-trac was on backorder which added the half a week to my build. It was well worth the extra money to get the build expedited. And I drove down to the shop and back home for $100, so I saved some on shipping. This weekend the axle will go in the car

Hopefully them moving into the bigger shop will help them out alot with turn around time. Their shop was smaller than I expected, no offense MWC, but they still crack out some badass products.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

i remember being told 3-4 weeks on mine...waited 10! but it was worth the weight! i have yet to put this rear to work...but i will... im not scared to dump the clutch anymore tho..lol
Old 06-20-2012, 05:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

congrats on the purchase bro, i've been eyeballing one of the MWC 9's for a while......can't wait to get back to work, start saving and order mine.......

Quick Reply: Got my MWC FAB-9 now on order!