Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Going to 410's - couple questions.. fluid, rebuilt kit, ect

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^2 i loved my 3.73's in the auto any more and it would just turn to many rpms to take it any where. and i personally dont like RP products i feel like they disappear over time i used to use thier engine oil and id almost need a quart every oil change and i switched to mobil1 with no issues.

but as far as the diff goes i use cheap **** because i/we will blow the 10 bolt up long before we would have any issues regarding using the wrong fluid
Old 05-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the gears done, yup 100 bucks from my master mechanic retired buddy, he has a super nice house with a 2 story garage, 2 lifts, so jealous haha..

LOVE THE 410's LOVE THE 410s LOVE THE 410's

They are extremely street/hwy friendly still and I could've gone bigger really. Tires bust loose with ease now, car YANKS like a ****. I can't believe how much power and how healthy this car is for being all stock. The gears made a huge difference. The SLP lid conversion made a even bigger difference, anyone with a LT1 don't even bother with a CAI dude LS1 lid is the only way to go. Car is a beast now and will only get better with the longtubes & exhaust going on.

Also at the last minute I went and picked up the axle/rear wheel bearings and boy am I glad I did. My driver side axle bearing was shot so the axle was rubbing, has a nice deep groove all round the axle when we pulled it out. Sanded it down and put the new bearings in and it's much better, but new axles are in my future. Everything went perfect with the gears and they don't make any noise.

This should be everyones FIRST MOD whether you are A4, M6, LT1 or LS1. Gears gears gears.

In response to the above post my 373's in my built A4 felt like nothing. You're saying your rpm's are way too high? It's a pretty small change, if I had to do it again I would have gone much bigger in the A4 and a little bigger in the M6. But I'm not the kind of guy who cares about "drivability" really, my 3600 stall drives just like stock to me.

Quick Reply: Going to 410's - couple questions.. fluid, rebuilt kit, ect