Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

BYE BYE REAR, anyone wanna give their .02?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get another stock 10-bolt from a junk yard and save for a real rear end. Being that you have a manual, your on borrowed time as it is. I would only say put gears in it if you need them to make the car drive decent in the instance that you have say a large cam (like me).

You can rebuild a ten bolt with bearings and all with a 4.10 and as long as you don't try and launch it and just use it on the street it will live but eventually it will pick up whine and start to go out as you beat it.

I rebuild my 10-bolt and one night I pulled out of my friends driveway and lit them up in first snapped it into second and could actually feel that something was off when I did it. Sure enough I put it in 6th and that bitch is whining like crazy now.

The simple fact is, if your M6... look into a 9 inch or S60. I'm building a 9 inch and have to limp my car around and can't even enjoy it.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your car is stock and the recent rear end that i assume you made last 170 k. Im pretty sure if ypu rebuild or gp back with stock you will be perfectly fine who says your gpnna go 100 k more until yu decide t get a diff daily driver..