Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9 U-joint?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moser 9 U-joint?

Can anyone tell me what i need to do with the u-joint? Since they are different when attaching to the moser nine from the drive shaft? can i go to a parts store and make a franken u joint? guidance is needed please
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Precision 447 maybe?
Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean you need a u-joint with 2 different sized caps? They make em. And no, trying to swap caps on u-joints is a very bad idea. Ask me how I know.

Anyways, they make adapter u-joints. Find out what sizes you have, do a lil foot work and life will be good.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mozmale
Precision 447 maybe?
Yes, go to Napa and ask for the 447 u joint. I have info at this link that might help you out. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-12-...structions.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

K how about this, and thank you all by the way. How exactly do the axles not come out? i have two seals, two press seals, and two bearings.... i remember seeing something about a c clip eliminator, do the f bodys have/need them? this is driving me crazy, tomorrow i am going to get all the stuff i need, (as if $3400 wasnt enough) and i feel like im missing something, mainly whatever keeps the damn axles from coming out. what a pain! oh and here is the fun part.. Moser sent me all kinds of instructions, instructions on how to install the ring and pinion set, how to assemble the eaton detriot locker, which is fantastic considering they are already assembled. but the one thing i needed help on, i didnt recieve instructions for. Ive searched for hours on the net, and im starting to come to the conclusion that the instuctions dont exist, its really simple, and im an idiot making life harder for me

Thoughts?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K how about this, and thank you all by the way. How exactly do the axles not come out? i have two seals, two press seals, and two bearings.... i remember seeing something about a c clip eliminator, do the f bodys have/need them? this is driving me crazy, tomorrow i am going to get all the stuff i need, (as if $3400 wasnt enough) and i feel like im missing something, mainly whatever keeps the damn axles from coming out. what a pain! oh and here is the fun part.. Moser sent me all kinds of instructions, instructions on how to install the ring and pinion set, how to assemble the eaton detriot locker, which is fantastic considering they are already assembled. but the one thing i needed help on, i didnt recieve instructions for. Ive searched for hours on the net, and im starting to come to the conclusion that the instuctions dont exist, its really simple, and im an idiot making life harder for me

Thoughts?
Post some pics of what you are trying to accomplish and someone can offer you advice! Without photos I think a lot of folks may be confused on what you are trying to get assembled.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thoughts?

The Moser installation instructions are the first thing you see at the link I sent you up above. When you press the axle bearings on the axles and then bolt the caliper brackets back up, this is what keeps the axles from coming out. This is the preferred method of containing the axles, instead of using c clips. Bob

Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Alright, here we go! after putting the dif in there is no access for the common clips to be put on, verified that much by the shocking lack of a groove for said clip on the axles. obvisouly this rearend doesnt use clips so it must use something else to keep the axles from slipping out. right now my question is what keeps the axes from coming out when i dont intend them too. For some reason i cant upload pictures I will try again
Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Question

Alright, here we go! after putting the dif in there is no access for the common clips to be put on, verified that much by the shocking lack of a groove for said clip on the axles. obvisouly this rearend doesnt use clips so it must use something else to keep the axles from slipping out. right now my question is what keeps the axes from coming out when i dont intend them too. For some reason i cant upload pictures I will try again
You must of missed my reply earlier this morning. Bob

Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Thank you for that info Bob, i was kinda leaning that way, but im sure all can appreciate not wanting to be ***** deep into something and realizing you cant finish! I mean i hate that more than anything in this world. Didnt see the link tho Bob
Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah so i got the damn thing in, as it turns out (thank you Bob) it wasnt nearly the pain in the rear that i thought it was going to be. i was stuck on a part that my car didnt need. The backing plates hold the axles in, again thank you Bob. Now i have two or three problems. The studs that come with this rear end im sure have not completely set into the housing, i will confirm that in a few days, the rear leafs? i guess! are about 1/8 of an inch loose, of course the drive shaft is too damn short as well. I bought a bushing kit, so hopefully that will fill the void for the leafs, im pretty sure that the short drive shaft is causing a small clunking noise when i disengage and engage the clutch, and i am not overly pleased with the way the studs worked out for the differential. however this is an awesome rear end.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moser 9 U-joint?