Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Possible to have Ford 9" Without Whine?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get in touch to see if you would still build a 10 inch for me

Originally Posted by 96lt4c4
I think thats the problem around here is everyone is made to believe they need a 9 inch. Most of the street cars on here do not. I have a 9 inch sitting in my garage floor myself. Mine is home built though. A lot of the 10 bolts that go boom on here, there is no telling what they have been through. I can build you a pretty stout 10 bolt if you want to bring it to me. I am working on my 5th high horsepower 10 bolt build for someone right now. So far I have not had any fail that I have built. Some make noise some do not. But even the loudest 10 bolt I have put together does not compare to the noise a 9 inch makes.

I will never put 4.10's in one, the pinion is to samll, 3.90 is as low as I will go. The motive orange box gears are a good strong gear, might get some noise but it is liveable.
I just made this account and was trying to message you to see if you still built 10 in rear ends but it won't let me message someone yet idk

Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ssTaylor17
I just made this account and was trying to message you to see if you still built 10 in rear ends but it won't let me message someone yet idk
I got my problem figured out by switching to US Gear Stealth Lightning series. Runs nice and quiet for street use and takes the hits at the track.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There’s mostly likely an error in setting the gear pattern... the 9 inch isn’t hard to pull, yank that thing out, mark the teeth and see what pattern you get
Old Today, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cire0105
I got my problem figured out by switching to US Gear Stealth Lightning series. Runs nice and quiet for street use and takes the hits at the track.
​​​​​​What's the cheapest way of going about getting a rear end set up with them gears? If I order a housing and center section will I be able to put the gears in myself or will I have to know how to set it up? I'm a newbie to all this

Quick Reply: Possible to have Ford 9" Without Whine?