Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9" swap brake line problems help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser 9" swap brake line problems help

I recently bought a moser 9 inch from someone who included LT1 brakes on it for my 00' camaro.

Everything for the most part seems to match up except the brakes set up is making no sense. On the 9 inch there is 1 brake line that splits into 2 in the center to go to each brake like other cars iv seen.

On my car there is 2 seperate lines all the way to the front of the car to each rotor. I have ABS and all that stuff and I dont realy care if I have it or not so I dont really know if thats the reason why it has 2 lines.

What and where can I buy something to merge the 2 lines into the 1 line that the 9 inch has?

I could swap brakes (which I dont want to go through the hassle of) but the caliper of my ls1 brakes is facing the front of the car where as the caliper on the brakes on the 9 inch is facing the rear.

Theres lots of options here but its pretty frustrating. I just wanted opinions of what to do and whats easiest from someone whos possibly done this before
Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like the rear came off a 3 channel ABS car and you have 4 channel.

Your options are to pull the axles out and swap the backing plates to use your LS1 brakes or get rid of your ABS module and just run one like back to the rear.

You will need access to a press to remove then reinstall the axle bearings if you decide to go that route.

edit- I guess there is no reason you couldn't just run two separate brake lines to each rear caliper. Your ABS wont work since the rear doesn't have speed sensors but the brakes should work fine.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Yea I gigured these were my only options were to do these.... I guess Il be making my own brake lines. Should the e brake line I have set up with the lt1 brakes?
Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Launching!

I swaped a used Moser 9" with LT1 brakes for my stock 10 bolt in my 01 Z28. I didn't have the brake line issue, however I know that my LS1 ebrake lines didn't work and I had to use LT1 lines. I didn't want to go through the hassle of swapping out the brakes, so for now the LT1 brakes will work and I plan to keep the LT1 backing plates and replace with aftermarket LT1 brakes down the line.

Quick Reply: Moser 9" swap brake line problems help