Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

S60 with S-Trac vs. 9" with True-Trac ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jc98ss
i've got the relocation brackets welded on my 10 bolt....i'll make sure to add them to the S60.....but the actual LCA's themselves, do they need to be adjustable with this new rearend, or can i just grab a solid set like these
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...-control-arms/

also, i was thinking about going 3 channel and keeping my abs, but deleting traction control....do you miss yours?......if i go this route, will the ASR light be staring me in the face the entire time.....i don't want dash lights
i am not sure if you can delete one or the other if the car is already setup for it. mine was 4 channel with abs/tc. as soon as i did abs delete inlost tcs as well. and yes all the lights will be on the dashboard, mine looks like a christmas tree lol. as far as the lca's, i am not sure if the fixed ones will work with relocation brackets i have the adjustableas on mine
Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

and no i dont miss it at all and i never used it when i had it
Old 02-19-2013, 06:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

cool thread, good info. now i have to rethink my 9 inch purchase.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by guppymech
Order your S60 with the BMR lca relocation bracket option. Strange only charges retail cost of the brackets, no charge to weld them on. Adjustable lcas are not necessary for the S60 to center up in the wheel well. I measured where my wheels sat in the wells before and after the S60 install and the wheels ended up in the same spot. Car is standard height and 10 bolt with stock lca brackets vs S60 with relocation brackets, lcas installed in lower holes. Strange must have very accurate assembly fixtures they set these rears up in for welding.

I did do the 'hose mod' to the rear springs so the body wouldn't be raised by the S60 having larger diameter axle tubes which in turn raises where the spring perches sit. With the hose mod my rear ended up at stock height after the heater hose on the spring took a set.
Cool, i didn't even think about the larger diameter tubes.....i'll do the hose mod too.....glad to hear i will be able to get by with non adjustable LCA's......i've been reading about torque arms and i'm definitely going full length with a relocation bracket.....just a couple more weeks and i'll order everything....... after that i think i'll have the T56 rebuilt by one of the sponsors......who does the best job?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also curious about the trans build...
Old 06-30-2014, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

I have non-adjustable LCAs with my S60. No problem. I ran it at the track last week and spun 1st and 2nd on the 1st run (need a line lock) and it stay perfectly straight. Other runs hooked and were straight as well.

Also, I ordered mine with relocation brackets welded on.

Quick Reply: S60 with S-Trac vs. 9" with True-Trac ?