Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Me AND my so called machine shop messed up...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Me AND my so called machine shop messed up...

Now I don't have any local to trust besides these guys. I admit shared guilt on this.

I had them press bearings on my M9 axles and I told them the wrong plates on the axles. They also should have known the difference too.

Anyway, since this is the case, can I switch the calipers between sides or rotate the brackets 180 degrees and get away with this?

Thanks

D
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would bite the bullet and swap them to the proper place.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not really sure how they are at fault here? You told them you wanted xx plate on xx axle with xx bearings pressed on each.
In a job shop, we do what the customer says they want, or shows us an existing part. If they didn't have your housing there in front of them to know the offset of the rearend, they would have no clue which plate needed to go with each axle.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, but I put up with stuff like this at the machine shop I work at all the time. Do what someone says, then catch hell because they REALLY wanted something else but disnt provide you with the info to make the decision.

Now, to help this thread some:
Yes, I would probably have them pressed off and back on to thei respective sides.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duffster
I admit shared guilt on this.

I had them press bearings on my M9 axles and I told them the wrong plates on the axles. They also should have known the difference too.
Don't think you're being a dick, as I stated above I am ALSO to blame. They see cars all the time and should have recommended otherwise, but what ever.

Quick Reply: Me AND my so called machine shop messed up...