Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

3 channel to 4 channel

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 channel to 4 channel

I'm assuming that it will just trigger a light, but other than having an abs inop light on in my dash, is there a reason why I shouldn't put a 4 channel rear into my 3 channel car if I found a good deal on a 4 channel rear? I don't personally like abs anyways.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could swap carriers so you'd have one with the ring on it, then just drill and tap the housing for the abs sensor and then you'll still have working abs.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 3 channel car with 4 channel rear. Abs inop light and brake light is on, the low trac light comes on and the abs pump cycles when it does and make the pedal hard sometimes, (at random but mainly at startup). I got an sjm abs delete and line lock not having abs does not bother me never had it before this car so its not needed. Unplug the abs brick under the hood and I bet the pump will never actuate. Ive been running this for like 3 years and thats the only issue ive had with it. Just have to reuse your 3 channel brake lines.

Quick Reply: 3 channel to 4 channel