Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Pinion angle

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinion angle

I have koni shocks and Bmr lowering springs and an adjustable torque arm. My question is, what have you guys found to be a good pinion angle with these mods? Also, my torque arm hits the tunnel right under my rear drivers side seat, but I can't move it into the other bolt holes because it hits the s60 on top. Has anyone else have a problem like this? Will I have to notch out the torque arm on the top?
Old 06-14-2013, 04:10 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LSTransAm11
I have koni shocks and Bmr lowering springs and an adjustable torque arm. My question is, what have you guys found to be a good pinion angle with these mods? Also, my torque arm hits the tunnel right under my rear drivers side seat, but I can't move it into the other bolt holes because it hits the s60 on top. Has anyone else have a problem like this? Will I have to notch out the torque arm on the top?
Generally a good starting point on pinion angle is somewhere between -2 and -3 degrees but each car is a little different. Which set of holes do yuou have the torque arm mounted to the S60 with? With the Dana 60 they kind of cheat the torque arm mount further to the driver's side so you will need to trim the mounting bracket and mount the torque arm using the holes that put the torque arm furthest inward towards the middle of the car. Here is a diagram that will help you trim the mounting bracket.
Attached Thumbnails Pinion angle-dana60mod.jpg  

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't want vibrations, read this entire thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ano-parts.html

Quick Reply: Pinion angle