Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

T/A Stud kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T/A Stud kit

I have the cover, but not the main bearing cap studs. Is this a worthwhile addition? I realize that nothing can compensate for having the teenie little 7.5 in gears, but I figure the less **** moves around inside the housing, the better off it will be. Also, my cover was used and did not come with all the thick washers for the hex bolts. Does anybody know where I can get those thick washers that come with the T/A cover bolts? I haven't been able to find any.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon meow.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for washers you can maybe find something at a place that sells and services heavy equipment IE log skidders or bulldozers or something, worth a shot. As for the stud kit if you can get it cheap go for it. I have never heard or seen about a rearend failing because the stock bearing caps came apart. I have seen the housing split though from extreme axle hop in a bagged S10. As for the rest the rearend if you go up in ratios you begin to sheer off teeth due to the crush sleeve compressing or excessive clearances or a combination of the two. If you don't break the gears you will bust the posi. Then the axles will go. Once you upgrade all that crap you are stuck with a housing that could come apart like a fragmentary grenande