Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ABS INOP lights after axle seal repair

Old 05-08-2004, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS INOP lights after axle seal repair

I had a friend do my axle seals a few weeks ago, and they are not leaking at all. However, the emergency hardware was removed. None of this caused any engine lights at all and the car feels really solid. The first time I stomped on it after the upgrades afterwords the BRAKE light came on, as well as the ABS INOP and LOW TRAC light. Not only that, but the low traction light would not toggle on or off.

Fast forward. 2 weeks later, at the track. I went to try to get my 11.99 pass I've been wanting. After the first pass on slicks, the cars ABS INOP light, and TRAC CONTROL OFF light came on, and again it would not toggle. I'm confident that perhaps its just some loose/faulty wiring in the rear under hard gearshifts or clutch dumps thats causing the problem. But where should I begin to look?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 05-08-2004, 07:50 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to have to look at the sensors. My guess would be whoever did the seals didnt realize the sensors had to be removed to get the clips out of the axles and whacked the sensors a few times, happens a lot so no offense to whoever did it. Pull them out and look at them and see if they look OK.

There may also be a something stuck to the sensor (they are magnetic) or the wheel thats freaking ot out. Not much too it
Old 05-09-2004, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Kevin, I'll be looking into that this Thur/Fri I'll give an update then.

Josh

Search this Thread