Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

3.73 gears

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Dont get the budget 10.5" stall. Go 9.5 right out of the gate.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess probably what I should do I'd get the gears first. Then just save and get a new transmission that's a little beefed up and get a better converter cause the converter I was looking at was like 320 bucks the street brawler budget converter also funds are tight especially I want to do it right the first time. Maybe one mod at a time for me. Also pushing through the brakes for me was when I was stopped especially on gravel the car wanted to still go or the torque of the gears still powered through the drive train cause of the stock stall or so I suspected that be the reason

Last edited by 01WS6BLACKLS1; 12-14-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:41 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Originally Posted by 01WS6BLACKLS1
I guess probably what I should do I'd get the gears first. Then just save and get a new transmission that's a little beefed up and get a better converter cause the converter I was looking at was like 320 bucks the street brawler budget converter also funds are tight especially I want to do it right the first time. Maybe one mod at a time for me. Also pushing through the brakes for me was when I was stopped especially on gravel the car wanted to still go or the torque of the gears still powered through the drive train cause of the stock stall or so I suspected that be the reason
If funds are tight then I would definitely pass on the gears, unless you can do the install yourself or know someone who can do it cheap. You already have 3.23s, so the swap to 3.73 isn't going to be a huge gain even with the stock torque converter. I would put the money you'd otherwise spend on gears plus install towards a quality converter, just save a little more if necessary. Converter is where the real gains are, so if you can only do one thing at a time I would start there.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01WS6BLACKLS1
I think that you need to read post #20 again sir😀!!!

Quick Reply: 3.73 gears