Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

3 Channel abs with a 9 Inch Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3 Channel abs with a 9 Inch Question(s)

***I have been looking into purchasing one of quick performance's 9 inch housing and axle packages. I also have been looking at moser's. This thread is not intended to be a huge argument over which is better or anything like that.***

That being said, I called quick performance to ask if I could get a housing with provisions in it to retain three channel abs just now, and a guy there told me that provisions to retain 3 channel abs would be part of the center section or "third member". I asked if I could get a quick performance housing and use moser's center section that retains the abs and he said that that should work. However, on moser's website, when you choose that option for the center section it says that you hgave to get the option to retain it in the housing too. If someone could clear up whether it is possible to retain 3 channel abs with a quick performance housing, it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to save a few bucks and get the qp housing and axle package, but I'll go with moser if I have to to retain abs, as my car is alsmost entirely street-driven.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Easily said... No. The QP housing does not have the 3ch sensor mount available, and Moser's center section attaches the reluctor ring to the diff unit on the center section.

If you want 3ch ABS then the MWC fabricated 9" rearend package is a direct fit, and comes available with a plug and play 3ch ABS option.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Easily said... No. The QP housing does not have the 3ch sensor mount available, and Moser's center section attaches the reluctor ring to the diff unit on the center section.

If you want 3ch ABS then the MWC fabricated 9" rearend package is a direct fit, and comes available with a plug and play 3ch ABS option.
Darn haha. Thanks for the clarification! I'll look into the mwc rears, but unfortunately I don't think they'll be in my budget.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Please give us a call... You will be pleasantly surprised on how affordable our products are and by far the best value in 9" rearends for the f-body cars. Our customer support and tech help is second to none as well!

Whatever you decide we are direct with Strange and Moser also, I am confident we can help you with getting you into a quality aftermarket rearend. There is a lot of differences available in what manufacturers offer and it is our duty to make sure you are correctly informed so you can make the right choice for your needs and budget. We have a low price guarantee as well!
Old 12-17-2015, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Please give us a call... You will be pleasantly surprised on how affordable our products are and by far the best value in 9" rearends for the f-body cars. Our customer support and tech help is second to none as well!

Whatever you decide we are direct with Strange and Moser also, I am confident we can help you with getting you into a quality aftermarket rearend. There is a lot of differences available in what manufacturers offer and it is our duty to make sure you are correctly informed so you can make the right choice for your needs and budget. We have a low price guarantee as well!
I'll definitely give you guys a call when I am closer to pulling the trigger on one. I really appreciate the info!

Quick Reply: 3 Channel abs with a 9 Inch Question(s)