Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC set-up info

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MWC set-up info

Finally got the rear-end in after chipping away over a few weeks. I have a few basic questions. On the front mount what hole are you guys using, the upper or lower? At the rear what hole in the LCA bracket do you use since there are 5. I don't have the adjustable LCA's which i think i need because the wheels aren't centred in the wheel well and my coil springs are going at a bit of an angle. Just starting to tinker with everything so i know there will be some trial and error. Anyone have a easy dumbed down version to how to set-up the pinion angle?
Old 10-28-2016, 02:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe MWC has a how to on their website for pinion angle measurements. I would definitely get a set of adjustable LCAs to be able to center the rear. MWC has some really nice moly ones that are stupid cheap, like $129. Can't beat that with a stick.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Heres a link for their how to page, lots of good info. Pinion angle is on there.
http://midwestchassis.com/p/help--how-tos
Old 10-28-2016, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Gutz
Finally got the rear-end in after chipping away over a few weeks. I have a few basic questions. On the front mount what hole are you guys using, the upper or lower? At the rear what hole in the LCA bracket do you use since there are 5. I don't have the adjustable LCA's which i think i need because the wheels aren't centred in the wheel well and my coil springs are going at a bit of an angle. Just starting to tinker with everything so i know there will be some trial and error. Anyone have a easy dumbed down version to how to set-up the pinion angle?
Are you talking about the pivot link when you say upper or lower hole assuming you have our two hole pivot link? If so it is all relative to achieving your pinion angle. Moving from one hole will move the pinion angle roughly 1.1 degrees.

For the lower control arm bracket you want the LCA to travel slightly up hill to the chassis at ride height. This is all dependent what you are trying to achieve with the vehicle but that is a good basic starting point.

FIVEPOINT7 was nice enough to share our link to pinion angle. Thank you for that.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Yes i'm talking about the pivot point at the driveshaft loop. My car has aftermarket non-adjustable LCA's you suggest getting the adjustable? Especially since my wheel isn't centered?
Old 10-28-2016, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

It never hurts to have adjustable suspension items such as LCA and PHB.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It sounds like your lca's are pushing the rear backwards. Adjustables would certainly help that issue while allowing you to use the hole that keeps them as close to parallel with a slight incline from the rear to the body.

An angle measuring tool would be a good thing to have. Depending on your phone, there's an app for that.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:45 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Not every car acts or is set up the same. It's making the whole combo work together. We are constantly tweaking ours.

Quick Reply: MWC set-up info