Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What comes close to the strenght of a spool w/out the drivability issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004 | 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by F1_SS
You sound pretty much like me, i want to know that rear is not going to break so i got the 12 bolt. I want something strong but i dont want something that is going to tear up my soft tires by turning, its not like i can avoid turning when i weekend drive my car. Another thing you might consider is rain, if it rain and you have a spool and no TCS you more than likely will have some problem, I didnt want to risk it so i went with a posi.
That is how I thought but then I ripped a tooth off of a spider gear on a 1.77 60' those posi's don't hold worth a crap to a manual's shock. So I am gonna order a spool and try it out if not I will go with a locker.
Old 09-01-2004 | 10:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by My84Z
That is how I thought but then I ripped a tooth off of a spider gear on a 1.77 60' those posi's don't hold worth a crap to a manual's shock. So I am gonna order a spool and try it out if not I will go with a locker.
I didnt consider that you were a 6spd, im an auto so hopefully ill never have a problem with mine, especially since i never go to the track. Maybe you should try feathering out the clutch instead of straight dumping it.
Old 09-01-2004 | 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by F1_SS
I didnt consider that you were a 6spd, im an auto so hopefully ill never have a problem with mine, especially since i never go to the track. Maybe you should try feathering out the clutch instead of straight dumping it.
I do kinda feather lol I think it is some of my shifts that get me. you should have no problem with a HD posi.

Quick Reply: What comes close to the strenght of a spool w/out the drivability issue?