Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC adjustable trailing arms & centering tire in wheel well

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default MWC adjustable trailing arms & centering tire in wheel well

2000 TA WS6 has a Moser 9 inch (stamped housing) w/ LCA brackets lowered car 1 1/4 inch BMR. The tire needs to come forward as its closer to back bumper. The MWC adjustable trailing arms shortened up all the way are the same length as the non adjustable BMR trailing arms. Send them back to MWC? Whats the solution? I didn't want to cut his brand new parts! On my 2000 SS I still have the non adjustable UMIs on mine w/ MWC Fab9 mine is perfectly centered! Trying to get rear axle centered so can put some 28 inch slicks on.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I had a similar issue with BMR and MWC. Realizing i was out of adjustment i made a new hole on my lower relo brackets bc there was room to do so. Moving the hole further back allowed me to regain adjustment room in the arms to come forward more. Be mindful that you dont bottom out the yoke in the trans as you go forward.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I had a similar issue with BMR and MWC. Realizing i was out of adjustment i made a new hole on my lower relo brackets bc there was room to do so. Moving the hole further back allowed me to regain adjustment room in the arms to come forward more. Be mindful that you dont bottom out the yoke in the trans as you go forward.
Thanks for input on yoke going into trans! Theres no room to drill hole in relo brackets. I'm gonna measure my umi arms & compare
Old 07-10-2018, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything seems to be just a bit off when doing anything aftermarket. I couldn't use my non-adjustable UMI LCA's on the MWC rear because the right rear wheel wasn't centered. I didn't take the time to figure out if it was the rear or the LCA's, but it didn't matter. I put a UMI threaded poly end on the body side of the double adjustable MWC control arms and adjusted them to fit. I had thread available on each end of the arms though...they were not screwed in all the way.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tang2
Everything seems to be just a bit off when doing anything aftermarket. I couldn't use my non-adjustable UMI LCA's on the MWC rear because the right rear wheel wasn't centered. I didn't take the time to figure out if it was the rear or the LCA's, but it didn't matter. I put a UMI threaded poly end on the body side of the double adjustable MWC control arms and adjusted them to fit. I had thread available on each end of the arms though...they were not screwed in all the way.
My 00 SS is lowered 1.25 inches Strano springs & LCAs in bottom hole of Fab9 & mine is perfect! Is yours lowered also?
Old 07-11-2018, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what is the pinion angle at? If you move the pinion angle more in the negative direction then it will move the bracket for the lca’s on the housing further backwards. Then you will have more adjustment to bring the housing forward as long as the torque arm and driveshaft allows it.

Last edited by nmass399; 07-11-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nmass399
what is the pinion angle at? If you move the pinion angle more in the negative direction then it will move the bracket for the lca’s on the housing further backwards. Then you will have more adjustment to bring the housing forward as long as the torque arm and driveshaft allows it.
Figured it out tonight. Its the LCA relocation brackets don't come straight down like mine do on the MWC, his are angled toward the front of the car at least 1 inch. His BMR LCAs are same length as the UMIs, 19 1/4 inches.

Quick Reply: MWC adjustable trailing arms & centering tire in wheel well