Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

2000 trans am wearing inside of rear tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 trans am wearing inside of rear tires

Hey everyone I picked up a 2000 trans am A4 (wish I could have found a 6 speed) but I bought it in the dead of winter so I took it for a test drive and noticed it had a bit of a shake/vibration depending on speed so I thought ok must be cold tires because it was -30 Celsius out but now it’s plus 30 Celsius and I still have the shake/vibration and now a chirping drivers side rear rotor so here’s a list of parts I’ve thrown at it to try and fix this problem
new rear tires new rear rotor new dorman axle and it still has a chirping rear break caliper and up on jack stands it still looks like a bent axle even with the new one installed and I’ve driven it a bit now I’ve noticed both back tires are wearing a bit on the inside so could it be a bent axle tube? Or what’s going on I’m at whits end trying to figure it out
Old 08-08-2018, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Its possible that the axle housing was bent (crash), or even bent and welded on purpose for rear camber... kind of weird on an A4 car as most race cars would probably be 6M. And only the hardest core racers might do that mod.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah my guess is an accident I seen the accident history of the car after I bought it
and ya there was a $12000 accident at one point in its life and another one for 5k so very possible