Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Options for driveshaft loop with larger diameter driveshaft?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 06:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

Question Options for driveshaft loop with larger diameter driveshaft?

Right now my car (00 T/A) has a Spohn chassis mount torque arm, and stock diameter aluminum driveshaft.

The stock driveshaft is TEMPORARY as I already exploded one a month ago.

Only using it for break-in of my new 9" rear.

The Spohn driveshaft loop is actually part of the front torque arm mount/crossmember, and has a sort of round tubed, L bracket that has the loop welded to it...

If the car is on my lift, with wheels/rear end hanging, the driveshaft is actually in a bind, hitting the driveshaft loop mounting setup...I actually have to use pole jacks to lift rear up, in order to remove or install the stock driveshaft. It's also hard to even get it into the tailshaft as the loop just seems to be in the wrong spot? (I can snap a pic or 2 if I am not explaining it right)

I plan to upgrade to a much stronger driveshaft ASAP, and that will only make this issue worse, with a larger diameter driveshaft.

I'm not trying to buy another torque arm, but do plan to CUT the Spohn built in driveshaft loop part OFF...

What are my options for replacing the driveshaft loop?
Preferably, without having to buy a new torque arm, since there's nothing wrong with mine....aside from the loop mount to driveshaft interference when on the lift...which is where it is....a LOT, LOL...

Attached pics of the same setup I have with arrows showing the interference spot...maybe use a universal type loop??

Last edited by rel3rd; 12-12-2018 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

Anyone???