Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

? about the 9 inch rearend

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about the 9 inch rearend

What do the companies do to make a 9inch work on a 98-02 Camaro. What exactly do they have to do?? Could I just go to the junkyard and get a 9inch out of a old car and have a custom shop near me fab it up to work on my car??
Old 07-11-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1 SiC LS1
What do the companies do to make a 9inch work on a 98-02 Camaro. What exactly do they have to do?? Could I just go to the junkyard and get a 9inch out of a old car and have a custom shop near me fab it up to work on my car??
You have to have the spring mounts welded up, the shock mounts welded up, the panhard brace welded up, make a brace to use your torque arm, and I believe they use bigger stronger axle tubes also. you would have to have the housing made to the correct length and housing ends to work with your stock brakes.....so it would take a TON of work....there not cheap for a reason
Old 07-11-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just so you know, A moser or strange 9" never began life in any Ford car.

They are all brand new housings and center sections based on Fords old 9" design. They are not Ford parts. The center sections have been improved and strengthened over fords original 9" design and are much stronger.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Launching!

oh ok, thanks for explaining that.