Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Strange 12 bolt rear end - wheel studs, wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 08:24 AM
10 Second Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really easy with the 12 bolt to switch to 1/2-20 studs plus that wont change the pattern or anything and better yet Strange has both standard and metric stud patterns already drilled and taped for you. Piece of cake.

Good luck to ya, Tom
Old 09-11-2004, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through the same thing. I have Bogarts as well. The axles are drilled for 12mm and 1/2 studs. Get the 1/2 studs 3" long. I bent 3 of the 12mm studs on each axle with my old 12 bolt. To be NHRA legal you have to have open lugs on the rear. The stud has to be at least 1/2 the depth of the nut end of the lug I think. I measured and cut my studs off with a portaband saw. I got some 1/2 beveled lugs from a local speed shop for like $1 a piece to mount my stock wheels. You can't put the plactic caps over them like the stock lugs, but its not too noticeable. At least I won't have to worry about bending studs anymore. On my 9" I just left the studs 3" long. I may cut them someday, but it doesn't really bother me.

Bruce

Quick Reply: Strange 12 bolt rear end - wheel studs, wheels?