Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Bad Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It turns out it was the DS, after I replaced it the vibration was gone.

Thanks for the help guys and Billingsley for getting me the DS soo quickly.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
i have checked the pinion angle many times and set it at -2 and 0 it still vibrates. i am beginning to think its the torque arms. there are many of these issues with spohn torque arms out there. check on ls1 and ls2 and there are more. i have talked to spohn before and they said they have never heard of it. i brougt my car to a local drivetrain shop and he said that the shackle setup moves thus causing the angle to change. spohn said that the pinion angle doesnt change WTF. these torque arms are the craziest things. noone can figure them out. it seems like maybe there is a bad batch or jig and we have untrue ones or something. what can explain this. i cant go over 80 without feeling like my car will explode and under decel i get clunk clunk clunk and worse if i go over a defect in the road. it sounds like my drivetrain will fall off my car. i have double and triple checked all the bolts. my t/a bolts have never gotten loose. talk about driving you insane . i am at my wits end with this t/a. that shackle setup has to move. i wish i can get it on camera.
Did you figure out what the problem was? you're describing my problem... I get the clunk clunk and everything, but I have a BMR chassis mount t/a instead of the Spohn. I don't think mine's the t/a though...
Old 09-22-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

the driveshaft for me too. the clunk is still there though. i guess i will get used to that.

Quick Reply: Bad Vibration