Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Will Hals help my ET's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002 | 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Will Hals help my ET's?

So then it is worth getting the complete set fronts and rears? From what I have heard is that the springs will offer no benifit from the stocks on the WS6's and SS's is this true or false. I too will be ordering HALs soon and would like to know what excatly to buy to benifit my application. I will be running 150 wet shot 6M...thanks for the help....
Old 02-19-2002 | 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

TTT

I would like more opinions on this. Thinking about getting:
Front shocks
Front springs
air bag for the rear

Is this a good investment. The car is considered a daily driver but I am a stay-at-home mom so I drive it on the street maybe once a week to go visit my mom, and then to the track so I am not that worried about the street driving that much.
Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2002 | 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

For drag racing, I really like the Hal front springs. For the street they are kinda soft. Not good for great handling but still are fine for general driving.

First of importance is the Hal front shocks. These allow you to get that weight transfering.

Next is the Hal front springs. You can do without but they will allow for even greater weight transfer and they keep you from having to modify the stock spring perches.

Least of importance is the rear Hals. You'll find that you will end up adjusting them very similar to stock except you will want the right side one or two notches stiffer than the left. These can certainly be done without for all but the harcore racer. Actually, at the point that rears are needed, I would go with Afcos instead. They are adjustable for extention and compression separately.