Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Stock 10 bolt issue..

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stock 10 bolt issue..

I'm hoping someone can help. Well my problem is my car shakes pretty bad when applying the brakes at any speed. I have a stock 10 bolt, 3.23 rear in my A4 WS6. The gears are dead quiet until i hit the brakes. I jacked the car up so both rear tires were up in the air. I then started the car and put it in Drive so the tires could spin. The rear sounded fine, but when i stepped on the brakes to stop the rear tires the rear was rattling and sounded like it was binding. Could it just be warpped rotors? Or is the rear diff. shitting the bed? BTW, since the car was new i always heard alittle rattling sound anyway, but didn;t really worry about it. Sounded like a big rock rolling around in the frame. Could axle bearings cause the vibration as well? The rear is holding up nicely even with high 10's and low 11 passes on it, can't complain..Gotta love A4's and the Viggy. Sorry for the long post. I just dont wan to throw parts at it. Thanks,

Den

Last edited by BlackNiteWS6; 07-22-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like axle bearings or an axleshaft is going bad. Time to tear into it and take a look.