Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Best lube for a Torsen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best lube for a Torsen?

I'm swapping out my 2.73 Auburn for a 3.42 Torsen. Is Mobil 1 75W90 OK to use? i've been reading a bunch of different opinions on gear lube. Also, for S & G's, there is no difference in 98 and 99 for compatiblity, is there? (I.E. My car is a 98, putting in a Torsen from 2000) What's the good word on the Torsen's? I guess they're hard to find. Got mine for $130 from a buddy's salvage yard. Also, is it wise to go with a solid sleeve over a crush sleeve?If so, where can I get one? Thanks for any info.

Joe
Old 08-06-2005, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

I've been using Redline's Heavy shock proof oil this season. It seems to be working, I've put the car through some serious abuse and everthing thing still looked new when I opened it up acouple of weeks ago.

Most guys go with solid sleeves, you should be able to find them in a Jeg's or Summit catalogue.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Teching In

When I installed my T2-R I used Mobil 1 (and without Lubrizol -- Torsen says it isn't necessary). I think it's safe to use any of the name brand synthetics as long as you use the correct weight.

Quick Reply: Best lube for a Torsen?