Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

cover under glove box is not there how do i find out my rear end

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cover under glove box is not there how do i find out my rear end

i got a 95 z28 camaro and i didnt notice it till now that the cover under the glove box is missing which means i have no rpo sheet. mine is one of the rare z28's with the 235 tire option so it only has a 110 mph speedo and governed at 115. the car currently has 255/50/16 tires and stock wheels. my posi is gone nvr works in a straight line rarely works in a left turn. i was going to get a new posi unit put in but i need to know what my rear is so i know what carier to buy, how can i figure my rear end out using some equations or something , and what limited slip should i buy on a low budget. i want something that i can do donuts, powerslides, drifting, fish tailing all that fun stuff and not have to worry about the clutch plates wearing down after a donut. it was already going bad when i first baught the car because it worked in a straight line and to the left but not to the right.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

you checked the left door?
thats where rpo sticker is... unless they moved when they switched to ls1 based 4th gens...

but an easy way to figure out what gear you have is clicking the stickie up there, and opening the linked pdf file
Old 09-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Teching In

yeah my door only has the tire and wieght info on it, it juts makes me mad that i dont have that sheet and cant find out what all my car is for all i know it may eb a 1le or something. yeah i was looking at that and i think its a 2.73 but i dont know what tire size to put in, i think i should put in 235/50/16 cuz thats what the car came with and the pcm should be set to it.