Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

finally

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally

ive finally determined my gears by jacking up the car and spinning the tires and counting the number of turns of the driveshaft. it is a 2.73 as i suspected, i plan on buying an auburn pro limited slip and 3.73 gears in a series 3 format, but is there any diference in the axels(spline maybe) between a series 2 and 3. so what im asking is that since my car has series 2 stuff in it can i put in series 3 and not have a problem with the axels or anything else, besides i know i need to get the pcm adjusted, might be a dumb question but i dont know much about rear ends just about engines.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

If you are buying new gears and a new limited slip then you can buy all series 3 stuff. The axles are the same, only the differential carrier (the LSD unit) and gear set are different between series 2 and 3. The diff and and gears have to be the same series, that's the only limitation.

If you are shopping around for the diff and gears, let me know. We handle all the popular diffs from Auburn, Eaton, Torsen, TrueTrac/Detroit, and a bunch of bigger stuff for trucks like Dana, ARB and so on. Also we have gears from Precision Gear, Richmond and GM. I've had great luck with Precision Gear sets, and they also make a really nice master setup kit with Timken bearings and adjustable carrier shims (which is much easier than multiple individual shims).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanx and the axles are a 28 spline correct.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Yes, they are 28's, the carrier doens't matter.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-04-2005, 01:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Strano's is the only place I found that had F-body
T-2R Torsens, and would talk to you about it. I
have been totally pleased with mine and wouldn't
want anything else.