Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Car is riding rough after suspension mods, need some help..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is riding rough after suspension mods, need some help..

Hey guys,

My friend and I are working a project car together. Right now we are doing the suspension mods, let me tell you what we've added so far..

We have a 01 Camaro SS completely stock. Last weekend we added the following:

LG Control Arms
LG Panhard Bar
Hal Rear Shocks

After these susp mods the car was running great.

Last night we installed:

LG Heavy Duty Toque Arm
SLP Sub Frame Connectors (bolt on)

The installation went smooth, however after adding these mods the car is getting alot of bounce just driving down the road. It feels like your driving a 4x4 truck off road almost, even though your cruising down some smooth pavement. I can't see how sub frames and an upgraded torque arm could cause this? We have adjusted the rear HAL shocks from stiffest to softest and there is very little difference.

Anyone have any ideas on this? We have HAL front shocks and drag springs which we will install this weekend. But in the mean time I'd like to solve this rough bounce feeling. The car is riding ruff and getting bounce in the rear even on smooth roads..

Thanks

-Bat
Old 02-21-2002, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car is riding rough after suspension mods, need some help..

Just a FYI...

My friend and I just got done installing a new set of HAL rear shocks, we set the adjustments and the car hookedup awesome and ran smooth. Turns out we had a bad rear shock.

-Bat