Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

GM 4.10 gear with detroit true trac install questions.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM 4.10 gear with detroit true trac install questions.........

4.10 8.6' gears in my 04 silverado...... came with zero information from randy's ring and pinion. my rear end guy wants all available info for the install. pinion depth, backlash...... etc....

any tips/specs on installing the detroit true track, with gm 4.10 gears and yukon axles, with a girdle cover are extremely appreciated!!

thanx guys.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by LoudAzzLoStepside
4.10 8.6' gears in my 04 silverado...... came with zero information from randy's ring and pinion. my rear end guy wants all available info for the install. pinion depth, backlash...... etc....

any tips/specs on installing the detroit true track, with gm 4.10 gears and yukon axles, with a girdle cover are extremely appreciated!!

thanx guys.
Start off with all of the stock shiming, keep left to left, and right to right on all caps and shims. Mark the caps if possible with a pin puinch, one mark on the left and two on the right cap always helps. Post some pics of the pattern and I can help you get it set up right. Oh, I work at AAM where your axle was originally assembled and the plant I work in build's these all day long!
Old 11-19-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man. so what you're saying is, most likely the gears will mesh right with the stock shims? since i'm not changing manufacturers?

Quick Reply: GM 4.10 gear with detroit true trac install questions.........