Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 06:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Suspension

Yesterday I had the following mods installed

SFC's
Adj torque arm
Adj panhard bar
LCA Relocation brackets
315/35/17 on 11 in rims

The car drives fine untill you punch it and then it jumps hard to the left. When we put the 315's on the driver side wheel was sticking out further than the passenger side so we adjusted the panhard bar to center the rear. The LCA's are in the lowest hole.

What could be causing this? Will a 4 wheel alignment correct the problem? I am thinking it is related to moving the rearend. It seems you punch it the torque is throwing the car to one side. The car drives straight but now the steering wheel is off to the left a little bit when it used to be centered. Help
Old 03-09-2002, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Help Suspension

Just a guess but do you have aftermarket adj. control arms? Didn't see these in your mods. If so they may be off a little. Does sound like rear may be off a little.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

I have the non adjustable Spohn LCA's. I was kinda thinking the LCA's might not be lined up. Is that what you are thinking?
Old 03-10-2002, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Found the problem. The LCA reclocation brackets were not lined up properly so the the rear axle was twisted a bit. Took off the LCA relocation brackets and put the LCA's back to stock which fixed the problem. Lessoned learned "Get adjustable LCA's before doing the relocation brackets again. Thanks for the help guys.

Dan