Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

unable to afford a rearend now is there a set of gears i can buy for my stock rear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nastysupaspt
i look at it this way i can't get any weaker then the stock rear end so like i said for now until i can afford a ford 9" rear from driveline solutions gears will go in the stock rear end
You actually can get weaker than a stock rear end. When you change from the 3.42s that are in there to 4.10s you just made the factory rear weaker. OK well maybe not weaker but more likely to fail. Which to me is the same thing and has the same result. If you are running 400+hp as it says in your sig behind an M6 I don't think this setup will last very long for you no matter who sets it up.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nastysupaspt
hey FUN LS1 did u feel a big difference from stock gears to 4.10's.
should i purchase the gears straight from motive or do u recommend a place to buy them from? i look at it this way i can't get any weaker then the stock rear end so like i said for now until i can afford a ford 9" rear from driveline solutions gears will go in the stock rear end
Big difference. The car is a lot quicker, but it's not as much of a highway cruiser anymore. Find teh best deal, the gears themselves don't matter, its' the install and setup that matters most. I got my 4.10's from SLP (GM/AAM).

[EDIT] I had some fun with a '65 GTO this morning... He coldn't touch me off the line, and never caught up
Old 01-22-2006, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the car is pushing 440rwhp 390 rwtq, but all honestly i only drive the car maybe twice a month and maybe take it to the track every 4-5 months. well will see what i decide.