Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

new moser 9 inch noise?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new moser 9 inch noise?

whats up guys,
i just finished buttoning up my car after installing my moser 9 inch. just a few questions to any of the guys that have the new truetrac rear. how noisy is yours? i had mine out in the street for a little bit and it is relatively noisy. i'm sure that this is normal, just want to know if the sound increases or decreases after the rear is broken in. also, does the abs require any re-programming? as of now the abs in-op light is on, and the asr is automatically off. any input would be greatly appreciated.
dan
Old 03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

The noise usually doesn't change. You'd need to pull it and reset the gears to quiet things down if necessary. Mine has some whine at speed but minimal--music drowns it out. Not sure about your lights. The ABS doesn't require anything. Everything should be working with no lights on. Check your connections.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

What Truetrac did you get with your assembly? Some are preloaded and have washers inside of the unit for preload and the others do not have these washers. Moser sometimes makes the axles one length and the driver side axleshaft may bind into the washers. The cure is to take the axle splined end and gring about 1/8 off of it and then it will be ok. Double check and see if your backing plates are not seated all the way against the housing end. Common issue with Moser asemblies.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a Moser housing with a Strange center section, that was so noisy I couldn't stand it. After fighting with those bastards a Strange and after many threats on my part they rebuilt it but it was still fk'd up, and I had to have it rebuilt again locally. Still somewhat noisy because I didn't replace the ring and pinion, but I can live with it now.

Concerning your 4 channel traction control, if you have screw in studs, they mess with the ABS sensor, and send false readings. The sensor will have to be shimmed out about 1/4" so it doesn't pick up false readings from the studs.