Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

installing 3.91's in a GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing 3.91's in a GTO?

I will be buying some gears for my late model GTO (2006) and I wanted to know if this install is something you could do yourself?

I would call my self a weekend mechanic... I can grab a wrench and work on most parts on my car...

I however have never touched gears and was wondering how hard they would be to install.

I searched the forums but I didn't find much about GTO's? Is the gear install any different from a standard SRA?

Also is there an install guide floating somewhere out there?

I found this one.... but I wanted some other info too

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55522

TIA
Old 05-15-2006, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Hey, that is my post. I didn't have many problems...pretty straight forward. My only problem was setting the pinion depth. If you want to purchase an entire rear end with 3.91s already installed, shoot me a pm. I just totaled my GTO and purchased a TA. I was in here looking for a 12 bolt or 9 inch.

Galen
Old 05-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Galen
Hey, that is my post. I didn't have many problems...pretty straight forward. My only problem was setting the pinion depth. If you want to purchase an entire rear end with 3.91s already installed, shoot me a pm. I just totaled my GTO and purchased a TA. I was in here looking for a 12 bolt or 9 inch.

Galen

Wow I am sorry to hear that! Your GTO was HOT! How did you wreck it?

I think an entire rearend would be out of my price range.. but shoot me a price anyway

Quick Reply: installing 3.91's in a GTO?