Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Gear/tranny issue, poss. problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Gear/tranny issue, poss. problem

Hi Gang,

Most recently, I'd just purchased a nice set of ROH ZR6('94-96 Impala SS type) wheels(from Michael, Thanks!). Of which, I've installed a new set of BFG g-force KDWS 275-40/17's on 'em. Which replaced the stock 16in 10 spoke chrome wheels. That, I was running BFG's g-force KDWS in the 255-50/16 version.

Fast forward...Just this past week, I had to head out of town on a 400 mile trip, one way. When I got to noticing the gears or tranny would act alill funny(and seemed to loose power). Once the rear tires either came close to or lost traction(I have the TSR and also, have installed the TSR delete module), like spinnin the (rear) tires. Thro the 'lo trac' lite never came on. The first time this happened, I thought, I'd f***** up the tranny.

Now, I'm thinkin either the TSR is still kickin in(even w/o the lite) or the dia. of the new wheel/tire combo is maybe giving the ECM/eprom he!!. Have any of you experienced this during/after your 17in wheel up-grade??? Or is this 'still' the TSR kickin in, even w/ the TSR delete on??? Suggestions and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Another side note, I had the stock 10bolt rear-end rebuilt last yr., after a carrier bearing failure.

Thanks in advance,
Don
Silver 02 35th Ann'y (A4)Camaro Z28 w/ T-Tops
Savannah, Ga

Last edited by Don B 02 Z28; 07-28-2006 at 11:19 AM.