Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser axles vs. stockers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser axles vs. stockers

I ended up bending my axle during an accident when i hydroplaned and spun into a concrete barrier. My right rear is where it has finally stopped into the barrier and ended up bending my wheel (as my friends told me the wheel was wobbling on the way home). Got that straightened and most of the body work taken care of but noticed this squeak rolling down the road. Jacked up the rear end, put the thing in drive and witnessed the wheel wobbling slightly. Axle I can only afford to keep the 10-bolt right now and see no reason at this point to switch to a new one for what I'm doing.

The real question is here: Do I find stock axles for 50+shipping on the board here or do I go Moser axles for 235+ shipping (i have a 3-series)? Is the advantage of the moser axle worth the extra $$$? I currently broke into the 11s on nittos, new torque converter will sink me lower into them.

I know I need brakes soon, but I'd rather spend the extra bucks on the rear if it's worth it!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock axles.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Just read the sticky Does anybody have them though?
Old 07-31-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regular stock ones? I have two. They are from a 4 channel but I took the reluctor rings off.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Not what I meant, I was wondering if anyone has actually bought the mosers. I already had someone in mind to get the axle from, but I really appreciate the advice!

Thanks again
Jon