Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

moser 12 bolt question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moser 12 bolt question

I've been looking at a new rear end and I found a Moser complete 12 bolt rearend with truetrac. I've never heard of truetrac before. It also says it is not for abs or tcs. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but what is truetrac? And what are the upsides and downsides to no abs or tcs?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the top, need an answer please
Old 08-04-2006, 05:19 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DETROIT TRUETRAC TORQUE PROPORTIONING DIFFERENTIAL
The Detroit Truetrac is the first gear type limited slip differential in the industry. Its’ patented design of parallel axis planetary helical gears provide a quiet, automatic splitting of torque. Power transfer goes literally unnoticed by the driver – even in front wheel drive axles.

The Detroit Truetrac performs like an open differential under normal driving conditions and automatically transfers torque to the wheel with better traction when ground conditions warrant. The limited slip responds instantly to torque feedback, anytime, at any speed.

Moser has been offering their 12 bolt and nine inch rearends for several years now. It was made by Detroit, but was sold to Eaton. It is a very stout unit that is stronger than the Eaton posi, and does not use clutches. You don't need posi additive with it either. On the Moser 12 bolt the treutrac can be had with no ABS or ABS/TCS or with ABS or ABS/TCS. Anyway you want it. It is the nine inch rear that no ABS only is offered. Bob