Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

moser 9 inch axle install help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006 | 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moser 9 inch axle install help?

I'm putting my moser 9 inch together everything is going good untill I tryed to install the axles. The driver side went in fine then I tryed to do the passenger side it won't go in. It seems like the bearing is to big, so I tryed slidding the driver side axle and it dosent fit either so I know it isnt the axle and bearing. It seems like the hub on the axle housing is a hair off should I try pounding it on? has anyone else have this problem, someone please help
Old 09-02-2006 | 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

sometimes it needs a little persuasion, coat whatevers stopping it with some oil/grease and maybe get a dead blow hammer and tap it in.
Old 09-02-2006 | 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
sometimes it needs a little persuasion, coat whatevers stopping it with some oil/grease and maybe get a dead blow hammer and tap it in.
I agree. Had the same problem when I put my driver's side axle in my 9". Just used a little grease around the edges and a rubber mallet. It took a little banging, but finally went in.
Old 09-02-2006 | 02:55 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put mine in and out a few times now and my pass side does that.
Needs a bump bump with a ded blow hammer to get it in and needs a slide hammer to get it out.
Old 09-02-2006 | 05:53 PM
On The Tree

thanks guy for your input. I noticed that the rear looks like it got damaged during shipping. the end of the axle tube were the backing plates bolt onto was bent and scuffed which were the bearing slides into had a high spot all we did was grind it down little bit and the axle slid right in with a little help.