Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Please

I was on the freeway when bam all the sudden my car will not accelerate. I know that the tranny went out cause it would go into gear the cluth would grab but when I accelerated it would not go but I would get a mad grinding sound. I took it to the nearest dealership. They are saying that it might not be covered under warranty. It is a 2001 camaro with about 23,000 miles why wouldn't they cover it. They are claiming that there are too many aftermarket parts. But the only aftermarket part that is on the tranny is the skip shift eliminator. Would this be a good reason not to work on it under warranty and if so what should I do? Any suggestions please.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Need Help Please

you should have stopped, jacked up the car, and removed the cags!

would have been a lot easier than what you are dealing with now, dont you think?

they will look for anything they can to deny you warranty work.

i guess the car is still at the shop, get back there to your car to 'remove some money from the console' and remove the cags!

if that doesnt work out, they still have to prove that the mod caused the failure.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Help Please

thanks for the advice man