Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

auto transmission won't downshift...any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default auto transmission won't downshift...any ideas?

I took my car in (its 4 months old) a few days ago and they replaced the two air check valves because they broke and were constantly letting exhuast gas pass through. They were making the rubber tubes very hot since they were stuck open. Around the same time my ac starting blowing out the front defogger vent and out the by my feet. Also my transmission no longer downshifted from a roll for performance (35 it would go from 2-1 when i went wot) and (65 it would go to 4/3-2).

They replaced both valves with new tubes and also fixed a vacuum leak that was causing the a/c to blow out the wrong vents. Unfortunately the transmission STILL doesn't downshift from a roll and i just drag *** until my rpm's climb. I can do it manually but im worried that it isn't doing it like it should. I have already tried clearing my computer, and that didn't help. It shifts fine for normal driving and from a stop. It also downshifts fine coming to a stop...just won't downshift from a roll.

Anyone got any more ideas of what it could be?